This leaflet is
directed to women who have suffered physical,
or sexual injury and have become victim in the sense of the law on the assistance to victims.
As concerned woman you may choose by which cantonal counselling
service for victims
you want to be assisted. You may claim judicial, social end psychological consultancy.
The services of the counselling are free of cost. The counsellors
are bound to keep the secret.
The claims for assistance are independent of a charge.
Depending on the financial situation, cost contributions for
third party assistance services may
be paid (e. g. cost for therapies, for shelters, etc.).
Under certain conditions, an application may be made within five
years since the last act for a
financial indemnification (e. g. loss of earnings) and moral compensation. This time limit is
valid for offences committed before the 1st January 2007.
· be accompanied by a person of your confidence at the police and the enquiring instances
· claim that the interrogations take place in the absence of the offender
· refuse statements on matters that concern your intimacy
claim to be informed about important decisions, e. g. release
from custody, annulment of
a contact ban, etc.
that as well the interrogation as well a possible translation of
the interrogation at the police
force or the inquiry authority be made by a woman
· not to be directly confronted to the offender during the whole criminal procedure
· the exclusion of the public access to the court meetings
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 11.00 - 18.00 hours
Wednesday: 13.00 - 18.00 hours
Attendance and assistance in your strained situation by:
· advice in legal, social and psychological matters
· attendance, if necessary, at interrogations at the police force and inquiry authorities
· finding of lawyers, doctors and therapists (male or female)
· establishment of contacts to other offers for assistance, authorities or services
· assistance for the submission of petitions for the assistance to victims